There’s nothing better than lots of DELISH meats, veggies, & cheese piled high on an ooey-gooey pizza crust. HOWEVER, when you commit to a low carb lifestyle, there’s no more pizza crust (at least traditional flour-based pizza crust). Just because I steer clear of crust doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy pizza. A couple of weeks ago, I published the recipe of my personal pizza. Today, I’m posting a recipe and picture (although the picture DOES NOT do justice to the pizza deliciousness) of my pizza casserole.
- Green peppers
- Mushrooms (I usually use baby Portobellos)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- (Basically and & all of your favorite pizza toppings)
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice onions & green peppers.
- Cook sausage with onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce onto the cheese; layer pepperoni onto sauce; layer sausage mixture onto pepperoni, top with another layer of mozzarella; continue layering toppings until all toppings are gone. Make sure to top the casserole with a final layer of mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 12 minutes (or until the top is melted & golden brown).
- After removing casserole from the oven, sprinkle top with grated parmesan and red pepper flakes.
This low carbified pizza will make your mouth very happy! 🙂